Friday, June 22, 2007

Alternate careers?

some days I ask myself if I had not chosen the current path what would I have done ? hmm... I love law - I think its quite interesting but realised it will never fit the scale of my ambitions, I never had any aptitude for the artistic variety ....

I think I would like to do research but yes, It has to wait till I fulfill my wealth creation ambitions - its not the selfish for self kind but to reach levels like the robber barrons or maybe the old wealth families in India but that I think would take a lifetime :-) but just in case, I want to get into academics , but it has to wait.

I will resume my post about portfolio building again , as promised I will check out fixed maturity plans. I was asked by someone what are the good company deposits available now - I think Bata and Raymonds are offering about 11% pa, but I would refrain now as banks like ABN Amro and Karnataka bank are offering 10.25% and 10% respectively for 400 days ( pl refer to the disclaimer in my first post!!!!) , so its not very prudent to go for an unsecured instrument for 75 basis points.

No comments: