Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It must be a wretched feeling....

This is a theme I have been feeling for the last few days and I had to blog it more for personal record and in the middle of a working week, I must be mad to be doing this...

Have you ever thought what it must feel to be lonely? to not be able to say your thoughts out? the only sounding board available is self? I was watching this movie, 'stardust' and a part goes where the guy says who wants to be immortal, it must be lonely.. when the Kraken is found dead in Pirates of the Caribbean, it supposedly has a sad look in its eye, one of the characters says, it must be sad to one of your kind...Ice age 2 , the mammoth goes into a melancholic mood when he discovers he is probably the last of his kind....A friend came back from a Vippassanna (Spell right?) and was in total silence for 7 straight days, it isn't being lonely, but still for me communication is atleast a part of not being lonely....

When ever I keep thinking of entrepreneurship, this theme haunts me....the idea is your baby, you need to believe it to the hilt, you might be the only person to believe it first, convince a team who trust your vision and deliver and then go to the butchers of such dreams - the VCs/ the bankers/ consultants who will try to see the risk and caveat any upside....scared of the success that they might get right by accident...

It must feel lonely, it must be a wretched feeling.....one wise man told me when i was lot younger - prove yourself and your ideas to self, for you will spend a longtime proving it to others....right now I am others...I need to keep moving to the other side..

4 comments:

D said...

whoah!
i am not even sure i can remember all these exemplars or loneliness!
although i remember the moment mammoth goes silent with an angst ridden look on his face

keep at it.

Aditi said...

Huh… Manny does find ‘n also gets together with Ellie…

Tristan ‘n Yvaine live happily ever after in Stardust…

And Kraken’s lifeless bulk reformed Jack Sparrow to think it was no good being last (not the ONLY) of a kind…a pirate

For God’s sake Kraken was a giant squid … a Cephalopod,

… and it was Jack reading his own future.

You need Chocolate…lots of it.

Deepak said...

Lots of chocolate will trigger a migraine attack in me...but yes other suggestions to get the mood up welcome, We bankers are not the masters of any universe right now and can use other forms of lifting the mood !!!!

But hat tip Aditi, one step ahead on the theme was a good move, although I would still think the Kraken is not a Giant squid but a different animal since it has tentacles which resemble the octopus and a maw...not sure if giant squids have those....but cool creation I think....

Andi I simply love the way Yvaine glows in the movie :)

Aditi said...

:)…As long as there is love for Yvaine’s glow and a squid (OK, octopus…they are the same ‘Class’) is cool, rest will work out by itself.

And, no moves there…just a simple concept called ‘Relativity’. Must see Eistein’s famous quote on it…

And Oh…I thought chocolates are so very harmless, Mr. Banker… I am just so naïve…