Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Update on portfolio performance

I had on the eve of Diwali posted about my portfolio and performance and promised an update in 6 months. So here goes - The market has c moved 2.37% in 6 months. Whew that is proof of the discussion I was having with my wife and she was cribbing of how its tough to trade in the markets in the last months with even seasoned traders struggling to get a grip on the movement. My view was that there was sideways movement with random volatility and this is proof of that. Anyways, my personal portfolio has increased by 5.66% while for the first time I think my Mutual fund portfolio has beaten both my portfolio and the market by clocking in a 7.48% return.

I had identified shipping, hotels, agri inputs and some specific stocks as inputs. I have actioned on those. Missed out big time on a specific stock I had identified in consumer side and a pick on the financial services I think I have entered at a wrong time. Else I am fairly happy with my picks and I should see better returns.

I am at a loss for themes and stocks now. Looking at a certain area but haven't managed to research it well. I am still unsure of infra or power and I think the execution risks are still underpriced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.