Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ads that get on my nerves...

Sometimes a few ads just get me irritated.... I have already cribbed about the veneta Cucine ad sometime ago.... this time -

Its I think the Aveo Uva - ( Notice I cant even seem to recall the brand name!!!) - anyways this is with Saif Ali Khan offering a stranded Rani mukherjee a lift on the roadside and then school kids rush in..... so what get me pained? In India, we lack the culture of safety. I don't have the stats but maybe 10% of users use seat belts in the front seat and maybe very few in the back.... so how can you cram 4 ( or was it 5) kids in the back seat of a car? of course, we are a nation who will turn a blind eye to 15 kids in the back of a rickshaw, so why the heck are you getting ruffled you might ask.... my only answer will be, lets move forward.... would GM have made a similar ad in the US? so why show such things in India?

The other ad which to me is puzzling is the shiny slim phone ad where the lady move through security metal detector and it beeps.... she is hiding a metal phone and the security guard cant find it.... why? becoz the stupid guard doesn't run the detector on the back...... duh , give me a break.... ( although due to association, I first thought it was airport security - now I think there is nothing to give that impression) ...... so down with dumb security guards and copy makers....

1 comment:

Phani Mitra, now @ phanimitra.wordpress.com said...

No its not because the Security gaurd does not run it on her back but becuz she hides the phone somewhere else ;-) I totally agree - darn stupid ad! Good stuff on your blog, dude, keep going!

Cheers
Phani Mitra