Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Miss you....

You shall see the world through my eyes as I saw it through yours long ago….

There is no self made man, every single instance shapes him… you shaped 18 years of it.

You always knew more than I did but never were afraid to learn from me.

You never let me win the game of chess or play those spinning cricket balls just because I was a bad loser, but you taught me to win.

You never were happy when I came second but were the proudest man in the room when I stood eighth when I was eighteen.

You had less then than what you gave us but more happy when our faces lit up with smile.

You always knew where I hid but never found me at once.

I was scared of your temper but saw it only once and that changed my character forever. I saw when you hurt at my mistakes but was hurt more to never do it.

I learnt to dream, push harder, aim higher but never once forgot the right way so that I would lose sleep

You pushed me harder; to challenge myself but to trust my abilities… risk what is mine, to not fear the unknown. To dream higher but never from a weak foundation

My love for water, the outdoors, the stock market and books I know where I got from….

My love for family, my respect for elders but the courage to call a spade a spade, my empathy for those in need – values I learnt at home…

I was a friend before I realized I was a son and when I realized I was a son I lost a friend, this is to my father, who left us 10 years ago, to what I hope is a better place, since with even those small things missing, it was still heaven here…

No comments: